Kentucky Animal Welfare Summit in Frankfort
Friday, February 17, 2023
The Foundry on Broadway
317 W. Broadway St.
Frankfort, KY 40601
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us in Frankfort along with fellow advocates from all over the state to learn lobbying tips & tricks, hear from some of the state’s leading shelters, and network with like-minded animal lovers. It’s your chance to show that animal protection is a priority to Kentuckians.
8:00 - 9:00 Registration
9:00 - 9:30 Welcome from the HSUS & Franklin County Humane Society
9:30 - 10:00 Taking your advocacy to the next level
10:15 - 11:00 Speaking up for animals & how to do it (with special guests Rep. Kim Banta and Rep. Cherlynn Stevenson)
11:00 - 11:15 Humane Legislator Award presentation
11:30 - 12:00 Bringing awareness to shelter & rescue pets (with special guest Ethan Branscum, Ethan's Rescue Pet Project)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch & Networking
1:00 - 1:45 Advocating for animals at the local level (with special guests Councilmember Julia Springsteen and Councilmember Toshie Murrell)
1:45 - 2:15 Community cat chat (with Danville-Boyle County Humane Society)
2:15 - 2:30 Unsung Hero Award presentation
2:30 - 3:00 Working with law enforcement (with guest law enforcement panel)
3:00 - 3:15 Achievement for Animals Award presentation
3:30 - 4:00 Travel to Capitol
4:00 - 5:00 Special event at the Capitol (to be announced)
5:00 Yappy Hour at The Cooperage
Other Important Information
- Registration ends on Friday, February 10, 2023
- Free parking is available at Downtown Parking Garage, 310 St. Clair St, Frankfort, KY 40601, with a tip/donation strongly encouraged. Limited street parking is also available for those with mobility issues.
- Light breakfast and lunch will be provided. Please clarify any dietary restrictions when completing the registration form.
- Optional Yappy Hour after the day's events at The Cooperage (next to The Foundry)
- Each attendee must complete a separate registration.
- If you plan to register someone after yourself, they MUST have a different email address.
- Please add your mobile number to receive a text reminder and other ways to help animals via your phone (standard rates apply). If you currently receive texts from us, great! You're already set to receive your text reminder.
- If you have questions, please email Todd Blevins, Kentucky State Director.