Every day, more and more wildlife habitats are lost to the spread of development. You can help by creating a Humane Backyard:
- Provide natural sources of food for wildlife, including native plants.
- Provide water for wildlife through natural or manmade sources.
- Provide shelter and safe places for animals to raise their young.
- Avoid the use of chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers.
- Be aware of the harm free-roaming pets can inflict upon wildlife and take steps to ensure companion animals will not pose threats to wild animals.
- Use humane, nonlethal approaches for resolving any conflicts with wildlife.
With a tax-deductible one-time gift of at least $30, you’ll receive a Humane Backyard sign and gardening gloves. You’ll also receive a complimentary subscription to our award-winning magazine, All Animals, featuring a new Humane Backyard tip article in each issue. Sign up today to help protect all animals!